- The MAC Address is a physical address for your product, it doesn't change over time. To find it, you can use https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/ . Based on this MAC address, your router can assign a static IP to your device and thus let it through.
Download https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/, then start a search. The software will display all the connected items in your network. The modem product from fullup is displayed on the line with Tekelek Europe Ltd.
You can then connect to your box/firewall and depending on your network infrastructure provider:
- Either open based on the MAC address of the equipment
- Or set the IP address to register for this MAC address, then enable the IP address. This way it will always be the same that will be assigned.
If you don't know how to configure your firewall or box, contact your provider.
2. Choose a sensor with point to point communication (eg 2G, GPRS, sigfox)
- With this type of device, communication is independent from the local network. As a consequence, no configuration is necessary in order to let the communication go through. This is the solution we advise to our professional clients. Contact us for more information.
In this article, we detailed two solutions if you are in a situation requiring to open your IT infrastructure for the modem sensor to communicate. If you struggle with these steps, contact our support.